Mar 23, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild complete their home-and-home set with an important game for both teams at Joe Louis Arena tonight. You can watch it Sunday on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Red Wings won thanks to Gustav Nyquist‘s clinching goal on Saturday, taking a 3-2 victory in regulation. Jimmy Howard goes back-to-back while Ilya Bryzgalov faces Detroit instead of Darcy Kuemper today.
Detroit must feel emboldened by the Columbus Blue Jackets’ disappointing 2-0 loss to the New York Islanders earlier on Sunday. The Red Wings already hold the second wild card spot but can strengthen their hold over the bubble teams (and maybe even hop over the Maple Leafs depending upon how their game goes on Sunday).
The Wild are clearly the top wild card team in the West right now but another loss – particularly in regulation – could make things more intense.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)