Mar 23, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild complete their home-and-home set with an important game for both teams at Joe Louis Arena tonight. You can watch it Sunday on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Red Wings won thanks to Gustav Nyquist‘s clinching goal on Saturday, taking a 3-2 victory in regulation. Jimmy Howard goes back-to-back while Ilya Bryzgalov faces Detroit instead of Darcy Kuemper today.
Detroit must feel emboldened by the Columbus Blue Jackets’ disappointing 2-0 loss to the New York Islanders earlier on Sunday. The Red Wings already hold the second wild card spot but can strengthen their hold over the bubble teams (and maybe even hop over the Maple Leafs depending upon how their game goes on Sunday).
The Wild are clearly the top wild card team in the West right now but another loss – particularly in regulation – could make things more intense.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)