Mar 23, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild complete their home-and-home set with an important game for both teams at Joe Louis Arena tonight. You can watch it Sunday on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Red Wings won thanks to Gustav Nyquist‘s clinching goal on Saturday, taking a 3-2 victory in regulation. Jimmy Howard goes back-to-back while Ilya Bryzgalov faces Detroit instead of Darcy Kuemper today.
Detroit must feel emboldened by the Columbus Blue Jackets’ disappointing 2-0 loss to the New York Islanders earlier on Sunday. The Red Wings already hold the second wild card spot but can strengthen their hold over the bubble teams (and maybe even hop over the Maple Leafs depending upon how their game goes on Sunday).
The Wild are clearly the top wild card team in the West right now but another loss – particularly in regulation – could make things more intense.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)