Mar 23, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
“Popeye” Jones – his father and former NBA player – said that the 19-year-old is suffering from a “concussion-like syndrome,” but the team is only going as far as to say that it’s an upper-body issue.
Here’s video of the collision:
It’s been an up-and-down season for the fourth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft, whom many believed should have gone as high as first overall. He’s experienced some growing pains on a struggling Predators team, yet he’s frequently looked beyond his years, as well.
Shaw wasn’t penalized for the hit. The 22-year-old was suspended for three playoff games back in 2012.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)