Mar 23, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
“Popeye” Jones – his father and former NBA player – said that the 19-year-old is suffering from a “concussion-like syndrome,” but the team is only going as far as to say that it’s an upper-body issue.
Apparently Popeye Jones said Seth has a "concussion-like syndrome” in an interview on the Fox broadcast—
(@JoshuaCooper) March 24, 2014
Here’s video of the collision:
It’s been an up-and-down season for the fourth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft, whom many believed should have gone as high as first overall. He’s experienced some growing pains on a struggling Predators team, yet he’s frequently looked beyond his years, as well.
Shaw wasn’t penalized for the hit. The 22-year-old was suspended for three playoff games back in 2012.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25