Mar 23, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
“Popeye” Jones – his father and former NBA player – said that the 19-year-old is suffering from a “concussion-like syndrome,” but the team is only going as far as to say that it’s an upper-body issue.
Here’s video of the collision:
It’s been an up-and-down season for the fourth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft, whom many believed should have gone as high as first overall. He’s experienced some growing pains on a struggling Predators team, yet he’s frequently looked beyond his years, as well.
Shaw wasn’t penalized for the hit. The 22-year-old was suspended for three playoff games back in 2012.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)