Mar 23, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
“Popeye” Jones – his father and former NBA player – said that the 19-year-old is suffering from a “concussion-like syndrome,” but the team is only going as far as to say that it’s an upper-body issue.
Here’s video of the collision:
It’s been an up-and-down season for the fourth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft, whom many believed should have gone as high as first overall. He’s experienced some growing pains on a struggling Predators team, yet he’s frequently looked beyond his years, as well.
Shaw wasn’t penalized for the hit. The 22-year-old was suspended for three playoff games back in 2012.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (53)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)