Mar 23, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
“Popeye” Jones – his father and former NBA player – said that the 19-year-old is suffering from a “concussion-like syndrome,” but the team is only going as far as to say that it’s an upper-body issue.
Here’s video of the collision:
It’s been an up-and-down season for the fourth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft, whom many believed should have gone as high as first overall. He’s experienced some growing pains on a struggling Predators team, yet he’s frequently looked beyond his years, as well.
Shaw wasn’t penalized for the hit. The 22-year-old was suspended for three playoff games back in 2012.
- Carolina is ‘concerned’ about Jordan Staal, who was helped off the ice 1
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)