Mar 23, 2014, 3:26 PM EST
There could be a showdown between 2012 first-round picks in Chicago tonight.
The Nashville Predators recalled forward Filip Forsberg from Milwaukee of the AHL today and he may wind up across the ice from Blackhawks forward Teuvo Teravainen. The 19-year-old Finnish prospect was recalled on Friday from Jokerit.
Forsberg has already had a taste of NHL life this season playing in 12 games for the Predators scoring one goal with four assists. Teravainen, meanwhile, has yet to make his NHL debut.
Forsberg was the 11th overall pick in the 2012 draft by the Washington Capitals. He was traded to Nashville last season in the Martin Erat deal. Teravainen went 18th overall to the Blackhawks.
Update (5:09 p.m. ET) — So much for that rookie showdown:
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11