Mar 23, 2014, 3:26 PM EST
There could be a showdown between 2012 first-round picks in Chicago tonight.
The Nashville Predators recalled forward Filip Forsberg from Milwaukee of the AHL today and he may wind up across the ice from Blackhawks forward Teuvo Teravainen. The 19-year-old Finnish prospect was recalled on Friday from Jokerit.
Forsberg has already had a taste of NHL life this season playing in 12 games for the Predators scoring one goal with four assists. Teravainen, meanwhile, has yet to make his NHL debut.
Forsberg was the 11th overall pick in the 2012 draft by the Washington Capitals. He was traded to Nashville last season in the Martin Erat deal. Teravainen went 18th overall to the Blackhawks.
Update (5:09 p.m. ET) — So much for that rookie showdown:
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)