Mar 23, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
There could be a showdown between 2012 first-round picks in Chicago tonight.
The Nashville Predators recalled forward Filip Forsberg from Milwaukee of the AHL today and he may wind up across the ice from Blackhawks forward Teuvo Teravainen. The 19-year-old Finnish prospect was recalled on Friday from Jokerit.
Forsberg has already had a taste of NHL life this season playing in 12 games for the Predators scoring one goal with four assists. Teravainen, meanwhile, has yet to make his NHL debut.
Forsberg was the 11th overall pick in the 2012 draft by the Washington Capitals. He was traded to Nashville last season in the Martin Erat deal. Teravainen went 18th overall to the Blackhawks.
Update (5:09 p.m. ET) — So much for that rookie showdown:
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)