Mar 23, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
There could be a showdown between 2012 first-round picks in Chicago tonight.
The Nashville Predators recalled forward Filip Forsberg from Milwaukee of the AHL today and he may wind up across the ice from Blackhawks forward Teuvo Teravainen. The 19-year-old Finnish prospect was recalled on Friday from Jokerit.
Forsberg has already had a taste of NHL life this season playing in 12 games for the Predators scoring one goal with four assists. Teravainen, meanwhile, has yet to make his NHL debut.
Forsberg was the 11th overall pick in the 2012 draft by the Washington Capitals. He was traded to Nashville last season in the Martin Erat deal. Teravainen went 18th overall to the Blackhawks.
Update (5:09 p.m. ET) — So much for that rookie showdown:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)