Mar 23, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
There could be a showdown between 2012 first-round picks in Chicago tonight.
The Nashville Predators recalled forward Filip Forsberg from Milwaukee of the AHL today and he may wind up across the ice from Blackhawks forward Teuvo Teravainen. The 19-year-old Finnish prospect was recalled on Friday from Jokerit.
Forsberg has already had a taste of NHL life this season playing in 12 games for the Predators scoring one goal with four assists. Teravainen, meanwhile, has yet to make his NHL debut.
Forsberg was the 11th overall pick in the 2012 draft by the Washington Capitals. He was traded to Nashville last season in the Martin Erat deal. Teravainen went 18th overall to the Blackhawks.
Update (5:09 p.m. ET) — So much for that rookie showdown:
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)