Mar 23, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers are bringing back a familiar face for the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday, as they recalled defenseman Ryan Whitney from the AHL.
Update: Meanwhile, the Ducks brought Sami Vatanen up.
Whitney, 31, played part of the 2008-09 season and a portion of the 2009-10 campaign with Anaheim; those campaigns weren’t complete because he was involved in two trades. He was part of the trade that sent Chris Kunitz to the Pittsburgh Penguins in February 2009 and then the deal that made Lubomir Visnovsky a part of the Anaheim Ducks in March 2010.
Things obviously haven’t gone too well for a blueliner who once scored 14 goals and 59 points with the Pittsburgh Penguins (during the 2006-07 season). He failed to score a point and registered a -7 rating in six NHL games with the Panthers this season and managed 20 in 40 contests with the AHL’s San Antonio Rampage.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 3
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)