Mar 23, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers are bringing back a familiar face for the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday, as they recalled defenseman Ryan Whitney from the AHL.
Update: Meanwhile, the Ducks brought Sami Vatanen up.
Whitney, 31, played part of the 2008-09 season and a portion of the 2009-10 campaign with Anaheim; those campaigns weren’t complete because he was involved in two trades. He was part of the trade that sent Chris Kunitz to the Pittsburgh Penguins in February 2009 and then the deal that made Lubomir Visnovsky a part of the Anaheim Ducks in March 2010.
Things obviously haven’t gone too well for a blueliner who once scored 14 goals and 59 points with the Pittsburgh Penguins (during the 2006-07 season). He failed to score a point and registered a -7 rating in six NHL games with the Panthers this season and managed 20 in 40 contests with the AHL’s San Antonio Rampage.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)