Mar 23, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
If nothing else, the New York Islanders will have some toughness on the roster next season.
This season, Boulton has played in 23 games and has four points to go with 88 penalty minutes. According to users at hockeyfights.com, Boulton has four wins in his eight fights this season and three draws with his only loss coming against Krys Barch on March 2.
Boulton has played in 638 career games in the NHL and has 1,389 penalty minutes. His four points this season are the most he’s had in a season since 2010-11 when he played for the Atlanta Thrashers. That season, Boulton had a hat trick against the New Jersey Devils to account for half of his goals for the year.
The Islanders are his fourth team after spending time with New Jersey, Atlanta, and Buffalo.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 17
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 13
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 4
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 25
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)