Mar 23, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
If nothing else, the New York Islanders will have some toughness on the roster next season.
This season, Boulton has played in 23 games and has four points to go with 88 penalty minutes. According to users at hockeyfights.com, Boulton has four wins in his eight fights this season and three draws with his only loss coming against Krys Barch on March 2.
Boulton has played in 638 career games in the NHL and has 1,389 penalty minutes. His four points this season are the most he’s had in a season since 2010-11 when he played for the Atlanta Thrashers. That season, Boulton had a hat trick against the New Jersey Devils to account for half of his goals for the year.
The Islanders are his fourth team after spending time with New Jersey, Atlanta, and Buffalo.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6