Mar 23, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
If nothing else, the New York Islanders will have some toughness on the roster next season.
This season, Boulton has played in 23 games and has four points to go with 88 penalty minutes. According to users at hockeyfights.com, Boulton has four wins in his eight fights this season and three draws with his only loss coming against Krys Barch on March 2.
Boulton has played in 638 career games in the NHL and has 1,389 penalty minutes. His four points this season are the most he’s had in a season since 2010-11 when he played for the Atlanta Thrashers. That season, Boulton had a hat trick against the New Jersey Devils to account for half of his goals for the year.
The Islanders are his fourth team after spending time with New Jersey, Atlanta, and Buffalo.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 15
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 9
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 40
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (120)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)