Mar 23, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
It remains to be seen if James Reimer will lose his fifth game in a row on Sunday – the Toronto Maple Leafs could very well make a game of it against the New Jersey Devils – but his tough times continue either way.
The Devils scored three goals on 10 shots against Reimer tonight, chasing him a little less than two minutes into the second period.
It’s not just the last five games that have been difficult for the 26-year-old, either. Things have been rough for him since Jan. 23, as these game logs show. In short, he’s only won once in that span with six regulation losses and two non-decisions.
Some believe Reimer has been thrown under the bus while a team craters in front of him – just ask his agent – but performances like tonight’s will lead people to blame the young netminder. Especially if the Maple Leafs slide all the way out of the playoffs.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)