Mar 23, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
It remains to be seen if James Reimer will lose his fifth game in a row on Sunday – the Toronto Maple Leafs could very well make a game of it against the New Jersey Devils – but his tough times continue either way.
The Devils scored three goals on 10 shots against Reimer tonight, chasing him a little less than two minutes into the second period.
It’s not just the last five games that have been difficult for the 26-year-old, either. Things have been rough for him since Jan. 23, as these game logs show. In short, he’s only won once in that span with six regulation losses and two non-decisions.
Some believe Reimer has been thrown under the bus while a team craters in front of him – just ask his agent – but performances like tonight’s will lead people to blame the young netminder. Especially if the Maple Leafs slide all the way out of the playoffs.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)