Mar 23, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
It remains to be seen if James Reimer will lose his fifth game in a row on Sunday – the Toronto Maple Leafs could very well make a game of it against the New Jersey Devils – but his tough times continue either way.
The Devils scored three goals on 10 shots against Reimer tonight, chasing him a little less than two minutes into the second period.
It’s not just the last five games that have been difficult for the 26-year-old, either. Things have been rough for him since Jan. 23, as these game logs show. In short, he’s only won once in that span with six regulation losses and two non-decisions.
Some believe Reimer has been thrown under the bus while a team craters in front of him – just ask his agent – but performances like tonight’s will lead people to blame the young netminder. Especially if the Maple Leafs slide all the way out of the playoffs.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)