Mar 23, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
It’s anyone’s guess if the Vancouver Canucks can scrape their way back into a playoff spot – Sports Club Stats give them a 2.5 percent chance – but they’ll at least get a fuller compliment of roster players to attempt that feat.
Both Daniel Sedin and Ryan Kesler appear ready to return to action on Sunday. Sedin is already confirmed back while Kesler is roundly rumored to come back and took warm-ups today. The Canucks face the Buffalo Sabres tonight.
Daniel Sedin has been out since March 2 while Kesler has been sidelined since March 12.
The Canucks are currently outside the two wild card spots and only have 10 games left this season, so they need to make every chance count.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25