Mar 23, 2014, 11:24 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks could have caved while trailing the lowly Buffalo Sabres 2-0 and facing a steep climb to a playoff spot, but they instead fought back to win 4-2 on Sunday.
That effort didn’t elude David Booth, who scored the 4-2 tally:
Head coach John Tortorella was also impressed, noting that this win might spur them on for bigger things during a short two-game road trip.
That resiliency might be seen most clearly in Zack Kassian‘s game, as he had plenty of assists (four) but estimated that he needed quite a few more stitches.
If the Canucks can muscle through those two road games (Minnesota on Wednesday, Colorado on Thursday), they have an opportunity to pile up points in a mad rush toward the end. They play five straight home games against tough playoff-caliber opponents before two (on-paper) softies at Edmonton (April 12) and a season-closing home game against Calgary.
They might need other teams to stumble, yet with three wins in four contests, at least they’re not backing down (as Booth might say).
It’s not all good news, however, as it appears that Henrik Sedin is banged up.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)