Mar 23, 2014, 11:24 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks could have caved while trailing the lowly Buffalo Sabres 2-0 and facing a steep climb to a playoff spot, but they instead fought back to win 4-2 on Sunday.
That effort didn’t elude David Booth, who scored the 4-2 tally:
Head coach John Tortorella was also impressed, noting that this win might spur them on for bigger things during a short two-game road trip.
That resiliency might be seen most clearly in Zack Kassian‘s game, as he had plenty of assists (four) but estimated that he needed quite a few more stitches.
If the Canucks can muscle through those two road games (Minnesota on Wednesday, Colorado on Thursday), they have an opportunity to pile up points in a mad rush toward the end. They play five straight home games against tough playoff-caliber opponents before two (on-paper) softies at Edmonton (April 12) and a season-closing home game against Calgary.
They might need other teams to stumble, yet with three wins in four contests, at least they’re not backing down (as Booth might say).
It’s not all good news, however, as it appears that Henrik Sedin is banged up.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)