Mar 23, 2014, 11:24 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks could have caved while trailing the lowly Buffalo Sabres 2-0 and facing a steep climb to a playoff spot, but they instead fought back to win 4-2 on Sunday.
That effort didn’t elude David Booth, who scored the 4-2 tally:
Head coach John Tortorella was also impressed, noting that this win might spur them on for bigger things during a short two-game road trip.
That resiliency might be seen most clearly in Zack Kassian‘s game, as he had plenty of assists (four) but estimated that he needed quite a few more stitches.
If the Canucks can muscle through those two road games (Minnesota on Wednesday, Colorado on Thursday), they have an opportunity to pile up points in a mad rush toward the end. They play five straight home games against tough playoff-caliber opponents before two (on-paper) softies at Edmonton (April 12) and a season-closing home game against Calgary.
They might need other teams to stumble, yet with three wins in four contests, at least they’re not backing down (as Booth might say).
It’s not all good news, however, as it appears that Henrik Sedin is banged up.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)