Mar 23, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron is one of the best faceoff guys in the league, but if the league changes how draws are taken he won’t be a big supporter of it.
“I don’t know if I like that. I think so far it’s been great just the way it is. I don’t know why we need to play with that,” said Bergeron. “It’s a face off, and it’s important to win the draw. I’m not big on it, but I’ll try to get used to whatever rules they implement… just like what they had with the tucked in jerseys.”
Bergeron, who has won 58.9 percent of his draws this season, added that he doesn’t see why it’s a big deal a guy gets thrown out of the circle the first time. He points out that sometimes teams do it to get an extra little bit to rest before play starts again.
Using the jersey tuck rule to make his point is interesting because after all the attention that got at the start of the season, it seems to have worked just fine since players aren’t being called for penalties for violating it. If faceoff changes do happen, players will adapt because they have to or else.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)