Mar 23, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron is one of the best faceoff guys in the league, but if the league changes how draws are taken he won’t be a big supporter of it.
“I don’t know if I like that. I think so far it’s been great just the way it is. I don’t know why we need to play with that,” said Bergeron. “It’s a face off, and it’s important to win the draw. I’m not big on it, but I’ll try to get used to whatever rules they implement… just like what they had with the tucked in jerseys.”
Bergeron, who has won 58.9 percent of his draws this season, added that he doesn’t see why it’s a big deal a guy gets thrown out of the circle the first time. He points out that sometimes teams do it to get an extra little bit to rest before play starts again.
Using the jersey tuck rule to make his point is interesting because after all the attention that got at the start of the season, it seems to have worked just fine since players aren’t being called for penalties for violating it. If faceoff changes do happen, players will adapt because they have to or else.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)