Mar 22, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
It was a less than ideal start for goalie James Reimer and the Toronto Maple Leafs against their rivals, the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday.
The Habs opened the scoring with two goals in one minute and five seconds earlier in the first period. Max Pacioretty got Montreal on the board, ripping a wrist shot by Reimer on the glove side. Rene Bourque tallied shortly after, again beating Reimer on the glove side.
Reimer’s had a rough go of late, allowing 11 goals combined over his last three starts prior to Saturday. Of course, much has been made about the recent comments from head coach Randy Carlyle about Reimer and his play.
“He was OK. He was just OK,” Carlyle said of Reimer after a recent loss to Detroit, as per the Toronto Star.
Now, it should be mentioned that later in the period, Reimer made a nice glove save off Pacioretty to keep Montreal’s lead at two goals. Shortly after, Joffrey Lupul scored to cut the Habs’ lead in half.
The Habs took a 3-2 lead into the first intermission.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)