Mar 22, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
It was a less than ideal start for goalie James Reimer and the Toronto Maple Leafs against their rivals, the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday.
The Habs opened the scoring with two goals in one minute and five seconds earlier in the first period. Max Pacioretty got Montreal on the board, ripping a wrist shot by Reimer on the glove side. Rene Bourque tallied shortly after, again beating Reimer on the glove side.
Reimer’s had a rough go of late, allowing 11 goals combined over his last three starts prior to Saturday. Of course, much has been made about the recent comments from head coach Randy Carlyle about Reimer and his play.
“He was OK. He was just OK,” Carlyle said of Reimer after a recent loss to Detroit, as per the Toronto Star.
Now, it should be mentioned that later in the period, Reimer made a nice glove save off Pacioretty to keep Montreal’s lead at two goals. Shortly after, Joffrey Lupul scored to cut the Habs’ lead in half.
The Habs took a 3-2 lead into the first intermission.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)