Mar 22, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
The Battle of Alberta became a little one-sided in the second period of Saturday’s game between the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers.
The Flames scored four times in the span of three minutes – Mike Cammalleri, Matt Stajan, Paul Byron and Curtis Glencross - and five seconds to open the floodgates. It would give Calgary a 5-1 lead, which the Flames would take into the second intermission.
That also chased Edmonton goalie Viktor Fasth from the net, after he allowed five goals on 16 shots. So, here’s the scoring outburst, goal-by-goal.
The Cammalleri goal at 4:13 of the second period.
Stajan on a penalty shot at 5:20 of the second period.
Byron makes it 4-1 at 6:00 of the second period.
Glencross makes it 5-1 at 7:18 of the second period.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)