Mar 22, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
The Battle of Alberta became a little one-sided in the second period of Saturday’s game between the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers.
The Flames scored four times in the span of three minutes – Mike Cammalleri, Matt Stajan, Paul Byron and Curtis Glencross – and five seconds to open the floodgates. It would give Calgary a 5-1 lead, which the Flames would take into the second intermission.
That also chased Edmonton goalie Viktor Fasth from the net, after he allowed five goals on 16 shots. So, here’s the scoring outburst, goal-by-goal.
The Cammalleri goal at 4:13 of the second period.
Stajan on a penalty shot at 5:20 of the second period.
Byron makes it 4-1 at 6:00 of the second period.
Glencross makes it 5-1 at 7:18 of the second period.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 0
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)