Mar 22, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
The Battle of Alberta became a little one-sided in the second period of Saturday’s game between the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers.
The Flames scored four times in the span of three minutes – Mike Cammalleri, Matt Stajan, Paul Byron and Curtis Glencross - and five seconds to open the floodgates. It would give Calgary a 5-1 lead, which the Flames would take into the second intermission.
That also chased Edmonton goalie Viktor Fasth from the net, after he allowed five goals on 16 shots. So, here’s the scoring outburst, goal-by-goal.
The Cammalleri goal at 4:13 of the second period.
Stajan on a penalty shot at 5:20 of the second period.
Byron makes it 4-1 at 6:00 of the second period.
Glencross makes it 5-1 at 7:18 of the second period.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 4
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 47
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 14
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)