Mar 22, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
The Battle of Alberta became a little one-sided in the second period of Saturday’s game between the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers.
The Flames scored four times in the span of three minutes – Mike Cammalleri, Matt Stajan, Paul Byron and Curtis Glencross – and five seconds to open the floodgates. It would give Calgary a 5-1 lead, which the Flames would take into the second intermission.
That also chased Edmonton goalie Viktor Fasth from the net, after he allowed five goals on 16 shots. So, here’s the scoring outburst, goal-by-goal.
The Cammalleri goal at 4:13 of the second period.
Stajan on a penalty shot at 5:20 of the second period.
Byron makes it 4-1 at 6:00 of the second period.
Glencross makes it 5-1 at 7:18 of the second period.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 0
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)