Mar 22, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
“Did you see me go pick up my stick?” Nash asked, referring to the fact that he went to grab his stick after the play was called dead and Bobrovsky flung it aside. That led to Nash shoving him, starting a scrum in front of the Jackets’ net.
The Rangers forward added that he also got whacked twice by the goaltender during the first period.
“You got to own up when you do something like that,” Nash said.
Despite that and the booing, Nash felt his first trip back to Columbus’ Nationwide Arena was a “great game” and “a lot of fun.” He doesn’t even seem particularly bothered by Bobrovsky’s actions now that the contest is in the past.
The Rangers have won three of their last four games as they battle for second place in the Metropolitan Division.
You can watch Nash’s postgame interview below:
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)