Mar 22, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
“Did you see me go pick up my stick?” Nash asked, referring to the fact that he went to grab his stick after the play was called dead and Bobrovsky flung it aside. That led to Nash shoving him, starting a scrum in front of the Jackets’ net.
The Rangers forward added that he also got whacked twice by the goaltender during the first period.
“You got to own up when you do something like that,” Nash said.
Despite that and the booing, Nash felt his first trip back to Columbus’ Nationwide Arena was a “great game” and “a lot of fun.” He doesn’t even seem particularly bothered by Bobrovsky’s actions now that the contest is in the past.
The Rangers have won three of their last four games as they battle for second place in the Metropolitan Division.
You can watch Nash’s postgame interview below:
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3