Mar 22, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
“Did you see me go pick up my stick?” Nash asked, referring to the fact that he went to grab his stick after the play was called dead and Bobrovsky flung it aside. That led to Nash shoving him, starting a scrum in front of the Jackets’ net.
The Rangers forward added that he also got whacked twice by the goaltender during the first period.
“You got to own up when you do something like that,” Nash said.
Despite that and the booing, Nash felt his first trip back to Columbus’ Nationwide Arena was a “great game” and “a lot of fun.” He doesn’t even seem particularly bothered by Bobrovsky’s actions now that the contest is in the past.
The Rangers have won three of their last four games as they battle for second place in the Metropolitan Division.
You can watch Nash’s postgame interview below:
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)