Mar 22, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
“Did you see me go pick up my stick?” Nash asked, referring to the fact that he went to grab his stick after the play was called dead and Bobrovsky flung it aside. That led to Nash shoving him, starting a scrum in front of the Jackets’ net.
The Rangers forward added that he also got whacked twice by the goaltender during the first period.
“You got to own up when you do something like that,” Nash said.
Despite that and the booing, Nash felt his first trip back to Columbus’ Nationwide Arena was a “great game” and “a lot of fun.” He doesn’t even seem particularly bothered by Bobrovsky’s actions now that the contest is in the past.
The Rangers have won three of their last four games as they battle for second place in the Metropolitan Division.
You can watch Nash’s postgame interview below:
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12