Mar 22, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
Toronto forward Dave Bolland has been forced to sit out of 56 consecutive games due to an ankle injury, but there’s a good chance that he’ll be back for tonight’s contest against the Montreal Canadiens, reports NHL.com.
The bad news is that goaltender Jonathan Bernier will not be available as he continues to recover from a groin injury. This will be the fourth straight game that he’s missed. James Reimer, who has allowed 11 goals in Toronto’s last three contests, will play between the pipes again.
Toronto lost all three of Reimer’s recent starts, making this game against Montreal critical. The Maple Leafs only have a three-point cushion on the Detroit Red Wings in the battle for a postseason spot, but Toronto has played in two extra contests. In other words, if Toronto doesn’t stop its losing streak soon, the team might end up falling short of the playoffs.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 14
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 30
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 42
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)