Mar 22, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
Toronto forward Dave Bolland has been forced to sit out of 56 consecutive games due to an ankle injury, but there’s a good chance that he’ll be back for tonight’s contest against the Montreal Canadiens, reports NHL.com.
The bad news is that goaltender Jonathan Bernier will not be available as he continues to recover from a groin injury. This will be the fourth straight game that he’s missed. James Reimer, who has allowed 11 goals in Toronto’s last three contests, will play between the pipes again.
Toronto lost all three of Reimer’s recent starts, making this game against Montreal critical. The Maple Leafs only have a three-point cushion on the Detroit Red Wings in the battle for a postseason spot, but Toronto has played in two extra contests. In other words, if Toronto doesn’t stop its losing streak soon, the team might end up falling short of the playoffs.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)