Mar 22, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets are hosting the Carolina Hurricanes tonight in a battle of former Southeast Division opponents.
Off the ice, the Jets announced the club had reassigned forward Patrice Cormier to the St. John’s IceCaps in the American Hockey League.
The 23-year-old Cormier has played in only six games this season for Winnipeg, tallying one assist.
Cormier is a former second-round pick, 54th overall, of the New Jersey Devils. In 46 career National Hockey League games with the Jets and formerly the Atlanta Thrashers, he has one goal and three points.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32