Mar 22, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets are hosting the Carolina Hurricanes tonight in a battle of former Southeast Division opponents.
Off the ice, the Jets announced the club had reassigned forward Patrice Cormier to the St. John’s IceCaps in the American Hockey League.
The 23-year-old Cormier has played in only six games this season for Winnipeg, tallying one assist.
Cormier is a former second-round pick, 54th overall, of the New Jersey Devils. In 46 career National Hockey League games with the Jets and formerly the Atlanta Thrashers, he has one goal and three points.
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 11
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 7
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)