Mar 22, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets are hosting the Carolina Hurricanes tonight in a battle of former Southeast Division opponents.
Off the ice, the Jets announced the club had reassigned forward Patrice Cormier to the St. John’s IceCaps in the American Hockey League.
The 23-year-old Cormier has played in only six games this season for Winnipeg, tallying one assist.
Cormier is a former second-round pick, 54th overall, of the New Jersey Devils. In 46 career National Hockey League games with the Jets and formerly the Atlanta Thrashers, he has one goal and three points.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10