Mar 22, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The bad news was double for the New Jersey Devils on Saturday.
The Devils fell to their rivals, the New York Rangers, by a final score of 2-0, so they were unable to make up any ground in the Eastern Conference playoff race. The Devils remain 11th in the conference.
His final shift came in the early stages of the second period.
For the Rangers, the win helps them keep pace with the Philadelphia Flyers in the Metropolitan Division. They remain one point of Philadelphia, which also had a big win today over the St. Louis Blues.
- In praise of John Tavares 2
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 9
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31