Mar 22, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The bad news was double for the New Jersey Devils on Saturday.
The Devils fell to their rivals, the New York Rangers, by a final score of 2-0, so they were unable to make up any ground in the Eastern Conference playoff race. The Devils remain 11th in the conference.
His final shift came in the early stages of the second period.
For the Rangers, the win helps them keep pace with the Philadelphia Flyers in the Metropolitan Division. They remain one point of Philadelphia, which also had a big win today over the St. Louis Blues.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)