Mar 22, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The bad news was double for the New Jersey Devils on Saturday.
The Devils fell to their rivals, the New York Rangers, by a final score of 2-0, so they were unable to make up any ground in the Eastern Conference playoff race. The Devils remain 11th in the conference.
His final shift came in the early stages of the second period.
For the Rangers, the win helps them keep pace with the Philadelphia Flyers in the Metropolitan Division. They remain one point of Philadelphia, which also had a big win today over the St. Louis Blues.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 66
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)