Mar 22, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The bad news was double for the New Jersey Devils on Saturday.
The Devils fell to their rivals, the New York Rangers, by a final score of 2-0, so they were unable to make up any ground in the Eastern Conference playoff race. The Devils remain 11th in the conference.
His final shift came in the early stages of the second period.
For the Rangers, the win helps them keep pace with the Philadelphia Flyers in the Metropolitan Division. They remain one point of Philadelphia, which also had a big win today over the St. Louis Blues.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)