Mar 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Vancouver might also get Ryan Kesler back, but he will be evaluated further tomorrow before a final call is made. He has missed four straight games.
His knee appeared to buckle during Saturday’s practice, which caused him to briefly get off the ice. He tried to shrug the incident off after the skate.
“I had to check my phone,” Kesler told the Vancouver Sun’s Elliott Pap.
Sunday’s contest will be a must-win game for the Canucks as they try to claw their way back into the playoff race. As it is, they can only earn a maximum of 94 points this season, so there’s a chance they’ll miss the playoffs even if they win all of their remaining 10 games.
At this point, this is more about at least ending the season on an upbeat note after the Canucks traded away goaltender Roberto Luongo and before they look at making some other major moves this summer.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 43
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)