Mar 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Vancouver might also get Ryan Kesler back, but he will be evaluated further tomorrow before a final call is made. He has missed four straight games.
His knee appeared to buckle during Saturday’s practice, which caused him to briefly get off the ice. He tried to shrug the incident off after the skate.
“I had to check my phone,” Kesler told the Vancouver Sun’s Elliott Pap.
Sunday’s contest will be a must-win game for the Canucks as they try to claw their way back into the playoff race. As it is, they can only earn a maximum of 94 points this season, so there’s a chance they’ll miss the playoffs even if they win all of their remaining 10 games.
At this point, this is more about at least ending the season on an upbeat note after the Canucks traded away goaltender Roberto Luongo and before they look at making some other major moves this summer.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 6
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 51
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)