Mar 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Vancouver might also get Ryan Kesler back, but he will be evaluated further tomorrow before a final call is made. He has missed four straight games.
His knee appeared to buckle during Saturday’s practice, which caused him to briefly get off the ice. He tried to shrug the incident off after the skate.
“I had to check my phone,” Kesler told the Vancouver Sun’s Elliott Pap.
Sunday’s contest will be a must-win game for the Canucks as they try to claw their way back into the playoff race. As it is, they can only earn a maximum of 94 points this season, so there’s a chance they’ll miss the playoffs even if they win all of their remaining 10 games.
At this point, this is more about at least ending the season on an upbeat note after the Canucks traded away goaltender Roberto Luongo and before they look at making some other major moves this summer.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 11
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 36
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21