Mar 22, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
If the Winnipeg Jets are going to make the playoffs, they have to win nearly all — if not all — of their remaining 11 games. The odds are stacked heavily against them, but at least help is on the way.
Jets coach Paul Maurice thinks that Dustin Byfuglien (lower body), Zach Bogosian (upper body), and Jim Slater (lower body) will all be available for tonight’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to NHL.com. The final call will be made after they participate in the morning skate.
Byfuglien and Bogosian rank second and third on the Jets respectively in terms of minutes per game. With 52 points, Byfuglien is also third in the team’s scoring race.
Winnipeg had to make do without the trio on Wednesday, but the team managed to earn a 5-4 overtime victory against Colorado thanks to forward Blake Wheeler’s heroics.
That improved the Jets to 32-30-9, but they remain six points shy of the second Wild Card spot and Phoenix despite the fact that the Coyotes have played in one less contest.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12