Mar 22, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
If the Winnipeg Jets are going to make the playoffs, they have to win nearly all — if not all — of their remaining 11 games. The odds are stacked heavily against them, but at least help is on the way.
Jets coach Paul Maurice thinks that Dustin Byfuglien (lower body), Zach Bogosian (upper body), and Jim Slater (lower body) will all be available for tonight’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to NHL.com. The final call will be made after they participate in the morning skate.
Byfuglien and Bogosian rank second and third on the Jets respectively in terms of minutes per game. With 52 points, Byfuglien is also third in the team’s scoring race.
Winnipeg had to make do without the trio on Wednesday, but the team managed to earn a 5-4 overtime victory against Colorado thanks to forward Blake Wheeler’s heroics.
That improved the Jets to 32-30-9, but they remain six points shy of the second Wild Card spot and Phoenix despite the fact that the Coyotes have played in one less contest.
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 6
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 7
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)