Mar 22, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
If the Winnipeg Jets are going to make the playoffs, they have to win nearly all — if not all — of their remaining 11 games. The odds are stacked heavily against them, but at least help is on the way.
Jets coach Paul Maurice thinks that Dustin Byfuglien (lower body), Zach Bogosian (upper body), and Jim Slater (lower body) will all be available for tonight’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to NHL.com. The final call will be made after they participate in the morning skate.
Byfuglien and Bogosian rank second and third on the Jets respectively in terms of minutes per game. With 52 points, Byfuglien is also third in the team’s scoring race.
Winnipeg had to make do without the trio on Wednesday, but the team managed to earn a 5-4 overtime victory against Colorado thanks to forward Blake Wheeler’s heroics.
That improved the Jets to 32-30-9, but they remain six points shy of the second Wild Card spot and Phoenix despite the fact that the Coyotes have played in one less contest.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)