Mar 22, 2014, 9:06 AM EST
If the Winnipeg Jets are going to make the playoffs, they have to win nearly all — if not all — of their remaining 11 games. The odds are stacked heavily against them, but at least help is on the way.
Jets coach Paul Maurice thinks that Dustin Byfuglien (lower body), Zach Bogosian (upper body), and Jim Slater (lower body) will all be available for tonight’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to NHL.com. The final call will be made after they participate in the morning skate.
Byfuglien and Bogosian rank second and third on the Jets respectively in terms of minutes per game. With 52 points, Byfuglien is also third in the team’s scoring race.
Winnipeg had to make do without the trio on Wednesday, but the team managed to earn a 5-4 overtime victory against Colorado thanks to forward Blake Wheeler’s heroics.
That improved the Jets to 32-30-9, but they remain six points shy of the second Wild Card spot and Phoenix despite the fact that the Coyotes have played in one less contest.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (118)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)