Mar 21, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes erased a two-goal deficit to tie the game, and were given a chance to take the lead in the third period. But Jonathan Toews wasn’t going to let that happen.
Toews, the Chicago Blackhawks’ captain, scored the game-winning goal on a short-handed breakaway early in the third period of Friday’s game, giving Chicago a 3-2 victory over the visiting Hurricanes.
His goal came just 31 seconds after Hurricanes’ forward Alexander Semin evened the score at two goals apiece.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2