Mar 21, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes erased a two-goal deficit to tie the game, and were given a chance to take the lead in the third period. But Jonathan Toews wasn’t going to let that happen.
Toews, the Chicago Blackhawks’ captain, scored the game-winning goal on a short-handed breakaway early in the third period of Friday’s game, giving Chicago a 3-2 victory over the visiting Hurricanes.
His goal came just 31 seconds after Hurricanes’ forward Alexander Semin evened the score at two goals apiece.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5