Mar 21, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes erased a two-goal deficit to tie the game, and were given a chance to take the lead in the third period. But Jonathan Toews wasn’t going to let that happen.
Toews, the Chicago Blackhawks’ captain, scored the game-winning goal on a short-handed breakaway early in the third period of Friday’s game, giving Chicago a 3-2 victory over the visiting Hurricanes.
His goal came just 31 seconds after Hurricanes’ forward Alexander Semin evened the score at two goals apiece.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54