Mar 21, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes erased a two-goal deficit to tie the game, and were given a chance to take the lead in the third period. But Jonathan Toews wasn’t going to let that happen.
Toews, the Chicago Blackhawks’ captain, scored the game-winning goal on a short-handed breakaway early in the third period of Friday’s game, giving Chicago a 3-2 victory over the visiting Hurricanes.
His goal came just 31 seconds after Hurricanes’ forward Alexander Semin evened the score at two goals apiece.
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 7
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)