Mar 21, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes erased a two-goal deficit to tie the game, and were given a chance to take the lead in the third period. But Jonathan Toews wasn’t going to let that happen.
Toews, the Chicago Blackhawks’ captain, scored the game-winning goal on a short-handed breakaway early in the third period of Friday’s game, giving Chicago a 3-2 victory over the visiting Hurricanes.
His goal came just 31 seconds after Hurricanes’ forward Alexander Semin evened the score at two goals apiece.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)