Mar 21, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
A scuffle broke out late in the second period of Friday’s game between the New York Rangers and Columbus Blue Jackets. Nash had a scoring chance and was stopped by Bobrovsky, who then pushed Nash’s stick aside as the Rangers’ forward went to pick it up. Nash then gave Bobrovsky a shove, which earned him a minor penalty and caused a massive pile-up of bodies near the end boards.
There were three penalties called on the play – to Nash, and coincidental roughing minors to the Rangers’ Chris Kreider and Blue Jackets’ Artem Anisimov. Earlier in the evening, the Blue Jackets paid tribute to Nash, who was playing in Columbus for the first time since getting traded to New York.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54