Mar 21, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
A scuffle broke out late in the second period of Friday’s game between the New York Rangers and Columbus Blue Jackets. Nash had a scoring chance and was stopped by Bobrovsky, who then pushed Nash’s stick aside as the Rangers’ forward went to pick it up. Nash then gave Bobrovsky a shove, which earned him a minor penalty and caused a massive pile-up of bodies near the end boards.
There were three penalties called on the play – to Nash, and coincidental roughing minors to the Rangers’ Chris Kreider and Blue Jackets’ Artem Anisimov. Earlier in the evening, the Blue Jackets paid tribute to Nash, who was playing in Columbus for the first time since getting traded to New York.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 1
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 22
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2