Mar 21, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
A scuffle broke out late in the second period of Friday’s game between the New York Rangers and Columbus Blue Jackets. Nash had a scoring chance and was stopped by Bobrovsky, who then pushed Nash’s stick aside as the Rangers’ forward went to pick it up. Nash then gave Bobrovsky a shove, which earned him a minor penalty and caused a massive pile-up of bodies near the end boards.
There were three penalties called on the play – to Nash, and coincidental roughing minors to the Rangers’ Chris Kreider and Blue Jackets’ Artem Anisimov. Earlier in the evening, the Blue Jackets paid tribute to Nash, who was playing in Columbus for the first time since getting traded to New York.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 14
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 29
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 26
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 20
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6