Mar 21, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
Detroit Red Wings forward David Legwand may be able to breathe a little easier today.
Legwand used the end of his stick to jab Malkin in the midsection late in the third period of the Red Wings’ 5-4 overtime win against the Penguins. Malkin went down on the ice in pain and Legwand was assessed a five-minute for butt-ending and a game misconduct.
The Penguins didn’t score on the major power play and Daniel Alfredsson‘s goal with 0.4 seconds left in overtime gave the Wings the victory. The best news for Detroit out of all of this, however, is that they won’t lose yet another center for a game or more out of this.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54