Mar 21, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
No big surprise here, but Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record reports Minnesota d-man Nate Prosser won’t face any supplemental discipline for his hit on New Jersey’s Tim Sestito during Thursday night’s action.
Prosser was given a five-minute elbowing major and game misconduct for this hit, a punishment several folks found a tad excessive:
“He was taking a large run at Pross and Pross was trying to play the puck,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo said after the game, per the Star-Tribune.
It’s worth noting that the possibility of supplemental discipline existed in part because of Prosser’s reputation as a repeat offender. He was suspended one game by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety back in April ’12 for headbutting then-Chicago forward Jamal Mayers.
As for Sestito, he left the game following the hit and didn’t return, though Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said the rugged forward was feeling OK.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)