Mar 21, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will be decidedly shorthanded for tonight’s game against Carolina.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing everyone outside of Kane, who suffered a leg injury after colliding with St. Louis’ Brenden Morrow at 7:56 of the second period in a 4-0 win on Wednesday. The injury isn’t believed to be serious, but ‘Hawks are going to hold Kane out of the lineup until playoff time, mostly as a precautionary measure.
Saad and Rozsival sat versus St. Louis with upper and lower body ailments, respectively (both have actually missed the last two games after getting hurt Sunday’s win over Detroit). Bickell played over 14 minutes against the Blues, putting three shots on goal while registering two hits.
It’s also worth noting that touted Finnish prospect Teuvo Teravainen, called up to the club on Friday, won’t play against Carolina tonight either.
As such, here are what Chicago’s forward lines looked like at the morning skate:
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)