Mar 21, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will be decidedly shorthanded for tonight’s game against Carolina.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing everyone outside of Kane, who suffered a leg injury after colliding with St. Louis’ Brenden Morrow at 7:56 of the second period in a 4-0 win on Wednesday. The injury isn’t believed to be serious, but ‘Hawks are going to hold Kane out of the lineup until playoff time, mostly as a precautionary measure.
Saad and Rozsival sat versus St. Louis with upper and lower body ailments, respectively (both have actually missed the last two games after getting hurt Sunday’s win over Detroit). Bickell played over 14 minutes against the Blues, putting three shots on goal while registering two hits.
It’s also worth noting that touted Finnish prospect Teuvo Teravainen, called up to the club on Friday, won’t play against Carolina tonight either.
As such, here are what Chicago’s forward lines looked like at the morning skate:
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 9
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 9
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)