Mar 21, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will be decidedly shorthanded for tonight’s game against Carolina.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing everyone outside of Kane, who suffered a leg injury after colliding with St. Louis’ Brenden Morrow at 7:56 of the second period in a 4-0 win on Wednesday. The injury isn’t believed to be serious, but ‘Hawks are going to hold Kane out of the lineup until playoff time, mostly as a precautionary measure.
Saad and Rozsival sat versus St. Louis with upper and lower body ailments, respectively (both have actually missed the last two games after getting hurt Sunday’s win over Detroit). Bickell played over 14 minutes against the Blues, putting three shots on goal while registering two hits.
It’s also worth noting that touted Finnish prospect Teuvo Teravainen, called up to the club on Friday, won’t play against Carolina tonight either.
As such, here are what Chicago’s forward lines looked like at the morning skate:
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23