Mar 21, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
Florida goalie Roberto Luongo (a.k.a. @strombone1) is going “to take a little bit of a break” from Twitter after a couple of his tweets during a particularly tough Canucks loss were taken “the wrong way” by some people, including at least one high-collared TV commentator.
In an interview with the Vancouver Sun, Luongo said the three things he tweeted during his old team’s 6-1 loss in Dallas on March 6…
…weren’t meant to be malicious.
“It was mostly making fun of myself and I felt bad for [Canucks goalie Eddie Lack] that game,” he said. “It was nothing about him or his play, I mostly felt bad for him the way the guys were playing in front of him.”
Still, he’s just going to “focus on playing hockey” for now.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 5
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2