Mar 21, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Florida goalie Roberto Luongo (a.k.a. @strombone1) is going “to take a little bit of a break” from Twitter after a couple of his tweets during a particularly tough Canucks loss were taken “the wrong way” by some people, including at least one high-collared TV commentator.
In an interview with the Vancouver Sun, Luongo said the three things he tweeted during his old team’s 6-1 loss in Dallas on March 6…
…weren’t meant to be malicious.
“It was mostly making fun of myself and I felt bad for [Canucks goalie Eddie Lack] that game,” he said. “It was nothing about him or his play, I mostly felt bad for him the way the guys were playing in front of him.”
Still, he’s just going to “focus on playing hockey” for now.
- Jordan Staal needs help off the ice in Canes’ preseason game 1
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)