Mar 21, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Florida goalie Roberto Luongo (a.k.a. @strombone1) is going “to take a little bit of a break” from Twitter after a couple of his tweets during a particularly tough Canucks loss were taken “the wrong way” by some people, including at least one high-collared TV commentator.
In an interview with the Vancouver Sun, Luongo said the three things he tweeted during his old team’s 6-1 loss in Dallas on March 6…
…weren’t meant to be malicious.
“It was mostly making fun of myself and I felt bad for [Canucks goalie Eddie Lack] that game,” he said. “It was nothing about him or his play, I mostly felt bad for him the way the guys were playing in front of him.”
Still, he’s just going to “focus on playing hockey” for now.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 9
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)