Mar 21, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
There’s no doubt the New Jersey Devils are in a tough spot when it comes to making the postseason, but Jaromir Jagr has a philosophy on how to tackle the upcoming schedule.
Following New Jersey’s 4-3 win against the Minnesota Wild last night, the Devils moved to five points back of the New York Rangers for the second wild card spot with 73 points and Jagr gave his thoughts on how to look at the rest of the season to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“Game 7 is always important,” Jagr said. “We’ve got 12 left, Game 7s. We have to win all of them to get in the playoffs. So, the first one is behind us and we’ve got 12 to go.”
Being out of the playoffs by five points with only 12 games to play is hard enough. The Devils also have Detroit and Washington in front of them with 77 points and the elusive Rangers in a playoff spot with 78.
Treating every game like a Game 7 is probably the best way to attack it. It also has high meme or motivational poster potential.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (76)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)