Mar 21, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
There’s no doubt the New Jersey Devils are in a tough spot when it comes to making the postseason, but Jaromir Jagr has a philosophy on how to tackle the upcoming schedule.
Following New Jersey’s 4-3 win against the Minnesota Wild last night, the Devils moved to five points back of the New York Rangers for the second wild card spot with 73 points and Jagr gave his thoughts on how to look at the rest of the season to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“Game 7 is always important,” Jagr said. “We’ve got 12 left, Game 7s. We have to win all of them to get in the playoffs. So, the first one is behind us and we’ve got 12 to go.”
Being out of the playoffs by five points with only 12 games to play is hard enough. The Devils also have Detroit and Washington in front of them with 77 points and the elusive Rangers in a playoff spot with 78.
Treating every game like a Game 7 is probably the best way to attack it. It also has high meme or motivational poster potential.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 4
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)