Mar 21, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
The immediate result of Nash and Bobrovsky coming together was a massive scrum, and a total of three penalties. In the third period, however, Nash fought Blue Jackets forward – and a former teammate – Matt Calvert. It was a direct result of what happened earlier.
“He had to pay for what he did (punching Bobrovsky). It was a gutless move,” said Calvert, as per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
Nash said Calvert skated in for the faceoff, cross-checked him twice, slew-footed and told him he was "coming at him no matter what."—
Aaron Portzline (@Aportzline) March 22, 2014
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10