Mar 21, 2014, 10:53 PM EST
The immediate result of Nash and Bobrovsky coming together was a massive scrum, and a total of three penalties. In the third period, however, Nash fought Blue Jackets forward – and a former teammate – Matt Calvert. It was a direct result of what happened earlier.
“He had to pay for what he did (punching Bobrovsky). It was a gutless move,” said Calvert, as per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9