Mar 21, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
The immediate result of Nash and Bobrovsky coming together was a massive scrum, and a total of three penalties. In the third period, however, Nash fought Blue Jackets forward – and a former teammate – Matt Calvert. It was a direct result of what happened earlier.
“He had to pay for what he did (punching Bobrovsky). It was a gutless move,” said Calvert, as per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5