Mar 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
If it wasn’t for bad luck, Alex Burrows wouldn’t have any this season.
Having already missed extensive time with a broken jaw and broken foot, Burrows appears to have suffered a serious hand injury after getting slashed by Shea Weber in Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Nashville on Wednesday.
“We don’t have a final medical report yet but it doesn’t look good,” Canucks GM Mike Gillis said on Friday. “The preliminary analysis is not positive.”
Burrows, 32, had finally gotten his season on track over the last two weeks after going goalless over his first 35 games of the year. The shifty winger had nine points — five goals — in his last six games and had developed some nice chemistry with Henrik Sedin and rookie Nicklas Jensen on the club’s makeshift top line.
You can see the Weber slash here, coming while Jensen was netting what proved to be the game-winner against the Preds:
The Nashville captain wasn’t penalized on the play.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)