Mar 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
If it wasn’t for bad luck, Alex Burrows wouldn’t have any this season.
Having already missed extensive time with a broken jaw and broken foot, Burrows appears to have suffered a serious hand injury after getting slashed by Shea Weber in Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Nashville on Wednesday.
“We don’t have a final medical report yet but it doesn’t look good,” Canucks GM Mike Gillis said on Friday. “The preliminary analysis is not positive.”
Burrows, 32, had finally gotten his season on track over the last two weeks after going goalless over his first 35 games of the year. The shifty winger had nine points — five goals — in his last six games and had developed some nice chemistry with Henrik Sedin and rookie Nicklas Jensen on the club’s makeshift top line.
You can see the Weber slash here, coming while Jensen was netting what proved to be the game-winner against the Preds:
The Nashville captain wasn’t penalized on the play.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)