Mar 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
If it wasn’t for bad luck, Alex Burrows wouldn’t have any this season.
Having already missed extensive time with a broken jaw and broken foot, Burrows appears to have suffered a serious hand injury after getting slashed by Shea Weber in Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Nashville on Wednesday.
“We don’t have a final medical report yet but it doesn’t look good,” Canucks GM Mike Gillis said on Friday. “The preliminary analysis is not positive.”
Burrows, 32, had finally gotten his season on track over the last two weeks after going goalless over his first 35 games of the year. The shifty winger had nine points — five goals — in his last six games and had developed some nice chemistry with Henrik Sedin and rookie Nicklas Jensen on the club’s makeshift top line.
You can see the Weber slash here, coming while Jensen was netting what proved to be the game-winner against the Preds:
The Nashville captain wasn’t penalized on the play.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)