Mar 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
If it wasn’t for bad luck, Alex Burrows wouldn’t have any this season.
Having already missed extensive time with a broken jaw and broken foot, Burrows appears to have suffered a serious hand injury after getting slashed by Shea Weber in Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Nashville on Wednesday.
“We don’t have a final medical report yet but it doesn’t look good,” Canucks GM Mike Gillis said on Friday. “The preliminary analysis is not positive.”
Burrows, 32, had finally gotten his season on track over the last two weeks after going goalless over his first 35 games of the year. The shifty winger had nine points — five goals — in his last six games and had developed some nice chemistry with Henrik Sedin and rookie Nicklas Jensen on the club’s makeshift top line.
You can see the Weber slash here, coming while Jensen was netting what proved to be the game-winner against the Preds:
The Nashville captain wasn’t penalized on the play.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)