Mar 21, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Varly’s vacation ends
Varlamov hasn’t started since stopping 38 of 39 shots in a stellar 3-1 win over Ottawa on Sunday. It was the latest solid effort from the Russian ‘tender, who’s numbers suggest he’ll be in he Vezina conversation come June — a 34-13-5 record, 2.49 GAA and .925 save percentage.
Crawford in for Chicago
Corey Crawford will be in goal tonight when the ‘Hawks host the ‘Canes at the United Center.
Crawford has been very good lately, stopping 42 of his last 43 shots faced while recording a shutout — his second of the year — in a 4-0 win over St. Louis on Wednesday.
For Carolina, Anton Khudobin gets the nod.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 0
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 23
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 39
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 152
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)