Mar 21, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Varly’s vacation ends
Varlamov hasn’t started since stopping 38 of 39 shots in a stellar 3-1 win over Ottawa on Sunday. It was the latest solid effort from the Russian ‘tender, who’s numbers suggest he’ll be in he Vezina conversation come June — a 34-13-5 record, 2.49 GAA and .925 save percentage.
Crawford in for Chicago
Corey Crawford will be in goal tonight when the ‘Hawks host the ‘Canes at the United Center.
Crawford has been very good lately, stopping 42 of his last 43 shots faced while recording a shutout — his second of the year — in a 4-0 win over St. Louis on Wednesday.
For Carolina, Anton Khudobin gets the nod.
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 0
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 25
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 57
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)