Mar 21, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Varly’s vacation ends
Varlamov hasn’t started since stopping 38 of 39 shots in a stellar 3-1 win over Ottawa on Sunday. It was the latest solid effort from the Russian ‘tender, who’s numbers suggest he’ll be in he Vezina conversation come June — a 34-13-5 record, 2.49 GAA and .925 save percentage.
Crawford in for Chicago
Corey Crawford will be in goal tonight when the ‘Hawks host the ‘Canes at the United Center.
Crawford has been very good lately, stopping 42 of his last 43 shots faced while recording a shutout — his second of the year — in a 4-0 win over St. Louis on Wednesday.
For Carolina, Anton Khudobin gets the nod.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)