Mar 21, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Varly’s vacation ends
Varlamov hasn’t started since stopping 38 of 39 shots in a stellar 3-1 win over Ottawa on Sunday. It was the latest solid effort from the Russian ‘tender, who’s numbers suggest he’ll be in he Vezina conversation come June — a 34-13-5 record, 2.49 GAA and .925 save percentage.
Crawford in for Chicago
Corey Crawford will be in goal tonight when the ‘Hawks host the ‘Canes at the United Center.
Crawford has been very good lately, stopping 42 of his last 43 shots faced while recording a shutout — his second of the year — in a 4-0 win over St. Louis on Wednesday.
For Carolina, Anton Khudobin gets the nod.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 3
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 20
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27