Mar 21, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Varly’s vacation ends
Varlamov hasn’t started since stopping 38 of 39 shots in a stellar 3-1 win over Ottawa on Sunday. It was the latest solid effort from the Russian ‘tender, who’s numbers suggest he’ll be in he Vezina conversation come June — a 34-13-5 record, 2.49 GAA and .925 save percentage.
Crawford in for Chicago
Corey Crawford will be in goal tonight when the ‘Hawks host the ‘Canes at the United Center.
Crawford has been very good lately, stopping 42 of his last 43 shots faced while recording a shutout — his second of the year — in a 4-0 win over St. Louis on Wednesday.
For Carolina, Anton Khudobin gets the nod.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 12
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 13
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)