Mar 20, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild defenseman Nate Prosser received a five-minute major and game misconduct for elbowing New Jersey Devils winger Tim Sestito on Thursday.
Video of the collision isn’t available yet, but CJ Fogler uploaded a GIF of the incident; Sestito needed to be helped off of the ice after the hit.
More than a few people wondered if the correct call was made.
Prosser, 27, has been suspended by the NHL once (one game in April 2012) during his NHL career.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)