Mar 20, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
We’ve heard plenty of tales of fans running onto the field during a baseball game, but it’s certainly unusual to get onto the Air Canada Centre’s ice during an NHL contest.
That’s what one fan did tonight after the Maple Leafs called a timeout.
Naturally, a couple videos were taken of the event, including the two below that show it from different positions:
Unsurprisingly, he was escorted off the ice. What happens to the fan next remains to be seen, but if you’re interested in finding out what a person who did something similar went through, a man provided a detail story of his accounts after running onto the field at the Rogers Centre during a Blue Jays game.
Meanwhile, the Toronto Maple Leafs suffered a 5-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 2
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28