Mar 20, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
We’ve heard plenty of tales of fans running onto the field during a baseball game, but it’s certainly unusual to get onto the Air Canada Centre’s ice during an NHL contest.
That’s what one fan did tonight after the Maple Leafs called a timeout.
Naturally, a couple videos were taken of the event, including the two below that show it from different positions:
Unsurprisingly, he was escorted off the ice. What happens to the fan next remains to be seen, but if you’re interested in finding out what a person who did something similar went through, a man provided a detail story of his accounts after running onto the field at the Rogers Centre during a Blue Jays game.
Meanwhile, the Toronto Maple Leafs suffered a 5-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight.
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 0
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 4
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (51)