Mar 20, 2014, 12:27 AM EST
We’ve heard plenty of tales of fans running onto the field during a baseball game, but it’s certainly unusual to get onto the Air Canada Centre’s ice during an NHL contest.
That’s what one fan did tonight after the Maple Leafs called a timeout.
Naturally, a couple videos were taken of the event, including the two below that show it from different positions:
Unsurprisingly, he was escorted off the ice. What happens to the fan next remains to be seen, but if you’re interested in finding out what a person who did something similar went through, a man provided a detail story of his accounts after running onto the field at the Rogers Centre during a Blue Jays game.
Meanwhile, the Toronto Maple Leafs suffered a 5-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 56
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)