Mar 20, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
We’ve heard plenty of tales of fans running onto the field during a baseball game, but it’s certainly unusual to get onto the Air Canada Centre’s ice during an NHL contest.
That’s what one fan did tonight after the Maple Leafs called a timeout.
Naturally, a couple videos were taken of the event, including the two below that show it from different positions:
Unsurprisingly, he was escorted off the ice. What happens to the fan next remains to be seen, but if you’re interested in finding out what a person who did something similar went through, a man provided a detail story of his accounts after running onto the field at the Rogers Centre during a Blue Jays game.
Meanwhile, the Toronto Maple Leafs suffered a 5-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)