Mar 20, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
We’ve heard plenty of tales of fans running onto the field during a baseball game, but it’s certainly unusual to get onto the Air Canada Centre’s ice during an NHL contest.
That’s what one fan did tonight after the Maple Leafs called a timeout.
Naturally, a couple videos were taken of the event, including the two below that show it from different positions:
Unsurprisingly, he was escorted off the ice. What happens to the fan next remains to be seen, but if you’re interested in finding out what a person who did something similar went through, a man provided a detail story of his accounts after running onto the field at the Rogers Centre during a Blue Jays game.
Meanwhile, the Toronto Maple Leafs suffered a 5-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)