Mar 20, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky didn’t draw headlines on trade deadline day, but for many people,* the proposition of watching the talented-yet-often-unlucky forward skate for a playoff contender was pretty enticing.
It remains to be seen if the 30-year-old can help the Ottawa Senators enough to break his playoff drought, but he’s been dazzling at times with his new team. The most awe-inspiring moment came on Thursday, when he shredded the Tampa Bay Lightning for this beauty of a goal:
If that isn’t the goal of the night, it’s going to be an impressive night for hockey highlight reels.
* – OK, for many hockey nerds …
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5