Mar 20, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky didn’t draw headlines on trade deadline day, but for many people,* the proposition of watching the talented-yet-often-unlucky forward skate for a playoff contender was pretty enticing.
It remains to be seen if the 30-year-old can help the Ottawa Senators enough to break his playoff drought, but he’s been dazzling at times with his new team. The most awe-inspiring moment came on Thursday, when he shredded the Tampa Bay Lightning for this beauty of a goal:
If that isn’t the goal of the night, it’s going to be an impressive night for hockey highlight reels.
* – OK, for many hockey nerds …
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35