Mar 20, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky didn’t draw headlines on trade deadline day, but for many people,* the proposition of watching the talented-yet-often-unlucky forward skate for a playoff contender was pretty enticing.
It remains to be seen if the 30-year-old can help the Ottawa Senators enough to break his playoff drought, but he’s been dazzling at times with his new team. The most awe-inspiring moment came on Thursday, when he shredded the Tampa Bay Lightning for this beauty of a goal:
If that isn’t the goal of the night, it’s going to be an impressive night for hockey highlight reels.
* – OK, for many hockey nerds …
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22