Mar 20, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Ales Hemsky didn’t draw headlines on trade deadline day, but for many people,* the proposition of watching the talented-yet-often-unlucky forward skate for a playoff contender was pretty enticing.
It remains to be seen if the 30-year-old can help the Ottawa Senators enough to break his playoff drought, but he’s been dazzling at times with his new team. The most awe-inspiring moment came on Thursday, when he shredded the Tampa Bay Lightning for this beauty of a goal:
If that isn’t the goal of the night, it’s going to be an impressive night for hockey highlight reels.
* – OK, for many hockey nerds …
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11