Mar 20, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
There are checking lines, and there are Czech-ing lines — and on Thursday, the Coyotes will unveil the latter when they take on the Panthers at Jobing.com.
“Let’s get the line out there,” Phoenix head coach Dave Tippett said, per the Arizona Republic. “Let’s see how they work out there.
“Obviously, they understand each other and understand how they play.”
Though Erat has been with the Coyotes for two weeks, the Czech line’s debut was stalled due to an injury to Hanzal, who missed seven games before returning for Monday’s win over the Kings. Erat also missed time with a head injury but, with the trio now healthy, the Coyotes will look to take advantage of the chemistry developed through years of participation with the Czech national team.
The three all suited up for the Czechs at the 2008 World Hockey Championships, and combined to score 16 points in seven games.
“You can see that we can find each other in the offensive zone, tight corners, that we get open for each other and we’re able to make those passes,” Vrbata said. “It’s nice to see.”
Tonight’s game is huge for the Coyotes, though most of their remaining contests are. Phoenix currently holds the final playoff spot in the Western Conference, but is just two points up on Dallas and three up on Vancouver.
The Canucks are idle tonight after beating Nashville on Wednesday, while the Stars are in action this evening against the streaking Flyers, who have won three straight.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5