Mar 20, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has inked University of Alaska-Fairbanks forward Cody Kunyk to a one-year deal, the club announced on Thursday.
Kunyk, 23, was named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association’s Player of the Year this season after scoring 22 goals and 43 points in 37 games. He’d previously participated in the Lightning’s summer prospect development camp.
Kunyk will report to the Lightning as opposed to its AHL affiliate in Syracuse, assistant GM Julien BriseBois told the Tampa Bay Times.
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 6
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)