Mar 20, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has inked University of Alaska-Fairbanks forward Cody Kunyk to a one-year deal, the club announced on Thursday.
Kunyk, 23, was named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association’s Player of the Year this season after scoring 22 goals and 43 points in 37 games. He’d previously participated in the Lightning’s summer prospect development camp.
Kunyk will report to the Lightning as opposed to its AHL affiliate in Syracuse, assistant GM Julien BriseBois told the Tampa Bay Times.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 3
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6