Mar 20, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has inked University of Alaska-Fairbanks forward Cody Kunyk to a one-year deal, the club announced on Thursday.
Kunyk, 23, was named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association’s Player of the Year this season after scoring 22 goals and 43 points in 37 games. He’d previously participated in the Lightning’s summer prospect development camp.
Kunyk will report to the Lightning as opposed to its AHL affiliate in Syracuse, assistant GM Julien BriseBois told the Tampa Bay Times.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)