Mar 20, 2014, 12:48 AM EDT
It was Lack’s fourth shutout of the season and his first since he ascended to the starting role after Vancouver traded away Roberto Luongo.
His efforts kept Vancouver in the contest until Nicklas Jensen finally broke the scoreless tie at 6:06 of the third period. Alexander Edler provided the insurance goal for the Canucks a little over a minute later.
If nothing else, that can be taken as encouraging signs for the Canucks’ future prospects. They’re putting a lot of faith in Lack, 26, but the Canucks are hoping that Jensen also proves to be an important part of their team. The 21-year-old forward now has three goals in his last four games and is on a four-contest point streak.
The present still looks bleak though. Vancouver is three points behind the Phoenix Coyotes in the battle for the second Wild Card spot, which might not sound too bad, but the Canucks have also played in three extra games.
As for Nashville, this was its third straight loss and another nail in the coffin. The Predators are one of the worst offensive teams in the league and that’s been especially apparent lately as they’ve only managed two goals over the span of their current losing streak.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)