Mar 20, 2014, 12:48 AM EDT
It was Lack’s fourth shutout of the season and his first since he ascended to the starting role after Vancouver traded away Roberto Luongo.
His efforts kept Vancouver in the contest until Nicklas Jensen finally broke the scoreless tie at 6:06 of the third period. Alexander Edler provided the insurance goal for the Canucks a little over a minute later.
If nothing else, that can be taken as encouraging signs for the Canucks’ future prospects. They’re putting a lot of faith in Lack, 26, but the Canucks are hoping that Jensen also proves to be an important part of their team. The 21-year-old forward now has three goals in his last four games and is on a four-contest point streak.
The present still looks bleak though. Vancouver is three points behind the Phoenix Coyotes in the battle for the second Wild Card spot, which might not sound too bad, but the Canucks have also played in three extra games.
As for Nashville, this was its third straight loss and another nail in the coffin. The Predators are one of the worst offensive teams in the league and that’s been especially apparent lately as they’ve only managed two goals over the span of their current losing streak.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)