Mar 20, 2014, 12:48 AM EDT
It was Lack’s fourth shutout of the season and his first since he ascended to the starting role after Vancouver traded away Roberto Luongo.
His efforts kept Vancouver in the contest until Nicklas Jensen finally broke the scoreless tie at 6:06 of the third period. Alexander Edler provided the insurance goal for the Canucks a little over a minute later.
If nothing else, that can be taken as encouraging signs for the Canucks’ future prospects. They’re putting a lot of faith in Lack, 26, but the Canucks are hoping that Jensen also proves to be an important part of their team. The 21-year-old forward now has three goals in his last four games and is on a four-contest point streak.
The present still looks bleak though. Vancouver is three points behind the Phoenix Coyotes in the battle for the second Wild Card spot, which might not sound too bad, but the Canucks have also played in three extra games.
As for Nashville, this was its third straight loss and another nail in the coffin. The Predators are one of the worst offensive teams in the league and that’s been especially apparent lately as they’ve only managed two goals over the span of their current losing streak.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (47)