Mar 20, 2014, 11:14 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets overwhelmed the Montreal Canadiens 3-2 on Thursday in a game that some might say exemplifies their identity.
Speaking of which, rising star forward Ryan Johansen provided a colorful take on how the Blue Jackets view themselves.
“We’re a bunch of little rats, just in your face the whole game,” Johansen said. “That’s our identity.”
On a busy night in the East, the Blue Jackets put themselves in a better situation to succeed. Still, their work is certainly not done as the wild card and seeding races are far from over.
It sounds like the Blue Jackets aren’t shy about working hard. They might have to fight the John Vanbiesbrouck-era Florida Panthers for that “rat” branding, though.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)