Mar 20, 2014, 11:14 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets overwhelmed the Montreal Canadiens 3-2 on Thursday in a game that some might say exemplifies their identity.
Speaking of which, rising star forward Ryan Johansen provided a colorful take on how the Blue Jackets view themselves.
“We’re a bunch of little rats, just in your face the whole game,” Johansen said. “That’s our identity.”
On a busy night in the East, the Blue Jackets put themselves in a better situation to succeed. Still, their work is certainly not done as the wild card and seeding races are far from over.
It sounds like the Blue Jackets aren’t shy about working hard. They might have to fight the John Vanbiesbrouck-era Florida Panthers for that “rat” branding, though.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32