Mar 20, 2014, 11:14 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets overwhelmed the Montreal Canadiens 3-2 on Thursday in a game that some might say exemplifies their identity.
Speaking of which, rising star forward Ryan Johansen provided a colorful take on how the Blue Jackets view themselves.
“We’re a bunch of little rats, just in your face the whole game,” Johansen said. “That’s our identity.”
On a busy night in the East, the Blue Jackets put themselves in a better situation to succeed. Still, their work is certainly not done as the wild card and seeding races are far from over.
It sounds like the Blue Jackets aren’t shy about working hard. They might have to fight the John Vanbiesbrouck-era Florida Panthers for that “rat” branding, though.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40