Mar 20, 2014, 11:14 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets overwhelmed the Montreal Canadiens 3-2 on Thursday in a game that some might say exemplifies their identity.
Speaking of which, rising star forward Ryan Johansen provided a colorful take on how the Blue Jackets view themselves.
“We’re a bunch of little rats, just in your face the whole game,” Johansen said. “That’s our identity.”
On a busy night in the East, the Blue Jackets put themselves in a better situation to succeed. Still, their work is certainly not done as the wild card and seeding races are far from over.
It sounds like the Blue Jackets aren’t shy about working hard. They might have to fight the John Vanbiesbrouck-era Florida Panthers for that “rat” branding, though.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)