Mar 20, 2014, 11:14 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets overwhelmed the Montreal Canadiens 3-2 on Thursday in a game that some might say exemplifies their identity.
Speaking of which, rising star forward Ryan Johansen provided a colorful take on how the Blue Jackets view themselves.
“We’re a bunch of little rats, just in your face the whole game,” Johansen said. “That’s our identity.”
On a busy night in the East, the Blue Jackets put themselves in a better situation to succeed. Still, their work is certainly not done as the wild card and seeding races are far from over.
It sounds like the Blue Jackets aren’t shy about working hard. They might have to fight the John Vanbiesbrouck-era Florida Panthers for that “rat” branding, though.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (64)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)