Mar 20, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Caps riding Halak
Jaroslav Halak will make his seventh straight start on Thursday when the Caps take on the Kings in L.A.
Halak, who has all but taken Washington’s No. 1 gig and bolted Braden Holtby to the pine, was brilliant in his last outing, stopping 43 of 45 shots in a 3-2 win over the Ducks in Anaheim. The Slovakian netminder is now 4-2-0 since joining the Caps at the trade deadline, with a .931 save percentage and 2.35 GAA.
For the Kings, Jonathan Quick is likely to get the start.
Mason back in
The red-hot Philadelphia Flyers will go back to Steve Mason tonight against Dallas.
Mason, who will be starting for the ninth time in the last 10 games, got a rest on Tuesday (when Ray Emery beat Chicago), which came after winning back-to-back games against Pittsburgh over the weekend. The former Columbus ‘tender has stopped 69 of the last 74 shots he’s faced, and has seen his overall save percentage rise to .914 on the year as a result.
For the Stars, it looks as though Tim Thomas will get the nod in net.
Sabres at Oilers: Matt Hackett vs. Ben Scrivens
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)