Mar 20, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames will get forward Jiri Hudler back against the Nashville Predators on Friday, as head coach Bob Hartley told the Calgary Sun’s Randy Sportak.
Hudler, 30, has missed the last seven games with a lower-body injury. The Flames are obviously out of the playoff mix, so it’s not as if this is a make-or-break situation.
Still, Hudler is enjoying one of the best seasons of his NHL career even with Calgary struggling. He has 44 points in 62 games after spending a significant chunk of the season averaging close to a point-per-game (things slowed down recently, with two points in his last eight games).
While Hudler’s primed to return, Karri Ramo isn’t good to go yet.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2