Mar 20, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames will get forward Jiri Hudler back against the Nashville Predators on Friday, as head coach Bob Hartley told the Calgary Sun’s Randy Sportak.
Hudler, 30, has missed the last seven games with a lower-body injury. The Flames are obviously out of the playoff mix, so it’s not as if this is a make-or-break situation.
Still, Hudler is enjoying one of the best seasons of his NHL career even with Calgary struggling. He has 44 points in 62 games after spending a significant chunk of the season averaging close to a point-per-game (things slowed down recently, with two points in his last eight games).
While Hudler’s primed to return, Karri Ramo isn’t good to go yet.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)