Mar 20, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames will get forward Jiri Hudler back against the Nashville Predators on Friday, as head coach Bob Hartley told the Calgary Sun’s Randy Sportak.
Hudler, 30, has missed the last seven games with a lower-body injury. The Flames are obviously out of the playoff mix, so it’s not as if this is a make-or-break situation.
Still, Hudler is enjoying one of the best seasons of his NHL career even with Calgary struggling. He has 44 points in 62 games after spending a significant chunk of the season averaging close to a point-per-game (things slowed down recently, with two points in his last eight games).
While Hudler’s primed to return, Karri Ramo isn’t good to go yet.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)