Mar 20, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
Today, head coach Dallas Eakins alluded to that bit of reportage. From the Oilers’ website:
After tweaking his knee, there were reports that Jordan Eberle may have had an MRI or had one scheduled. However, Oilers Head Coach Dallas Eakins said Thursday that those weren’t true and Eberle, one of their roster’s stars may not be out very long.
“We don’t feel there’s a need for one now,” Eakins said. “Not saying it’s never, but the misinformation in the twitter world is always quite amazing.
“But he tweaked his knee, there’s no MRI scheduled and we’re hopeful he won’t be out very long.
At the risk of painting Eakins as a curmudgeonly old techno-hater, we should mention he appears to really appreciate Twitter and has an active account, often using it to provide updates on his team’s injuries and lineup decisions. For example:
Early start tomorrow. Joensuu is out due to injury. Back to Scrivens.
— Dallas Eakins (@dallaseakins) March 16, 2014
As for Eberle, he’ll be held out of tonight’s game versus Buffalo and will probably end up getting an MRI done really quietly.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)