Mar 20, 2014, 5:26 PM EST
Today, head coach Dallas Eakins alluded to that bit of reportage. From the Oilers’ website:
After tweaking his knee, there were reports that Jordan Eberle may have had an MRI or had one scheduled. However, Oilers Head Coach Dallas Eakins said Thursday that those weren’t true and Eberle, one of their roster’s stars may not be out very long.
“We don’t feel there’s a need for one now,” Eakins said. “Not saying it’s never, but the misinformation in the twitter world is always quite amazing.
“But he tweaked his knee, there’s no MRI scheduled and we’re hopeful he won’t be out very long.
At the risk of painting Eakins as a curmudgeonly old techno-hater, we should mention he appears to really appreciate Twitter and has an active account, often using it to provide updates on his team’s injuries and lineup decisions. For example:
Early start tomorrow. Joensuu is out due to injury. Back to Scrivens.
— Dallas Eakins (@dallaseakins) March 16, 2014
As for Eberle, he’ll be held out of tonight’s game versus Buffalo and will probably end up getting an MRI done really quietly.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 0
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 0
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)