Mar 20, 2014, 5:26 PM EST
Today, head coach Dallas Eakins alluded to that bit of reportage. From the Oilers’ website:
After tweaking his knee, there were reports that Jordan Eberle may have had an MRI or had one scheduled. However, Oilers Head Coach Dallas Eakins said Thursday that those weren’t true and Eberle, one of their roster’s stars may not be out very long.
“We don’t feel there’s a need for one now,” Eakins said. “Not saying it’s never, but the misinformation in the twitter world is always quite amazing.
“But he tweaked his knee, there’s no MRI scheduled and we’re hopeful he won’t be out very long.
At the risk of painting Eakins as a curmudgeonly old techno-hater, we should mention he appears to really appreciate Twitter and has an active account, often using it to provide updates on his team’s injuries and lineup decisions. For example:
Early start tomorrow. Joensuu is out due to injury. Back to Scrivens.
— Dallas Eakins (@dallaseakins) March 16, 2014
As for Eberle, he’ll be held out of tonight’s game versus Buffalo and will probably end up getting an MRI done really quietly.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9