Mar 20, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
Today, head coach Dallas Eakins alluded to that bit of reportage. From the Oilers’ website:
After tweaking his knee, there were reports that Jordan Eberle may have had an MRI or had one scheduled. However, Oilers Head Coach Dallas Eakins said Thursday that those weren’t true and Eberle, one of their roster’s stars may not be out very long.
“We don’t feel there’s a need for one now,” Eakins said. “Not saying it’s never, but the misinformation in the twitter world is always quite amazing.
“But he tweaked his knee, there’s no MRI scheduled and we’re hopeful he won’t be out very long.
At the risk of painting Eakins as a curmudgeonly old techno-hater, we should mention he appears to really appreciate Twitter and has an active account, often using it to provide updates on his team’s injuries and lineup decisions. For example:
Early start tomorrow. Joensuu is out due to injury. Back to Scrivens.
— Dallas Eakins (@dallaseakins) March 16, 2014
As for Eberle, he’ll be held out of tonight’s game versus Buffalo and will probably end up getting an MRI done really quietly.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)