Mar 20, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
Today, head coach Dallas Eakins alluded to that bit of reportage. From the Oilers’ website:
After tweaking his knee, there were reports that Jordan Eberle may have had an MRI or had one scheduled. However, Oilers Head Coach Dallas Eakins said Thursday that those weren’t true and Eberle, one of their roster’s stars may not be out very long.
“We don’t feel there’s a need for one now,” Eakins said. “Not saying it’s never, but the misinformation in the twitter world is always quite amazing.
“But he tweaked his knee, there’s no MRI scheduled and we’re hopeful he won’t be out very long.
At the risk of painting Eakins as a curmudgeonly old techno-hater, we should mention he appears to really appreciate Twitter and has an active account, often using it to provide updates on his team’s injuries and lineup decisions. For example:
Early start tomorrow. Joensuu is out due to injury. Back to Scrivens.
— Dallas Eakins (@dallaseakins) March 16, 2014
As for Eberle, he’ll be held out of tonight’s game versus Buffalo and will probably end up getting an MRI done really quietly.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5