Mar 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have been great all season, but they’ve been running away with the Central Division title since the acquisition of goaltender Ryan Miller.
The 33-year-old netminder was great with the Buffalo Sabres, but no goaltender could save that team this season. Now that he’s with one of the best defensive squads in the league, the combination has been crushing for the Blues opponents.
This will be the Chicago Blackhawks’ first chance to play against the Blues since the Miller trade. The defending Stanley Cup champions aren’t likely to catch up to the Blues in the race for the division’s top seed, but Chicago is one of the Western Conference’s strongest teams and there’s a fair chance that the Blues will need to go through them at some point if St. Louis is to win it all.
The game will start at 8:00 p.m. ET and can be watched on NBCSN. In addition to that you can stream it online:
There will also be a video chat during the first intermission of tonight’s game with former NHL goaltender Kevin Weekes. You can click here if you want to participate in that.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 17
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 32
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)