Mar 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have been great all season, but they’ve been running away with the Central Division title since the acquisition of goaltender Ryan Miller.
The 33-year-old netminder was great with the Buffalo Sabres, but no goaltender could save that team this season. Now that he’s with one of the best defensive squads in the league, the combination has been crushing for the Blues opponents.
This will be the Chicago Blackhawks’ first chance to play against the Blues since the Miller trade. The defending Stanley Cup champions aren’t likely to catch up to the Blues in the race for the division’s top seed, but Chicago is one of the Western Conference’s strongest teams and there’s a fair chance that the Blues will need to go through them at some point if St. Louis is to win it all.
The game will start at 8:00 p.m. ET and can be watched on NBCSN. In addition to that you can stream it online:
There will also be a video chat during the first intermission of tonight’s game with former NHL goaltender Kevin Weekes. You can click here if you want to participate in that.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 0
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 7
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)