Mar 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues have been great all season, but they’ve been running away with the Central Division title since the acquisition of goaltender Ryan Miller.
The 33-year-old netminder was great with the Buffalo Sabres, but no goaltender could save that team this season. Now that he’s with one of the best defensive squads in the league, the combination has been crushing for the Blues opponents.
This will be the Chicago Blackhawks’ first chance to play against the Blues since the Miller trade. The defending Stanley Cup champions aren’t likely to catch up to the Blues in the race for the division’s top seed, but Chicago is one of the Western Conference’s strongest teams and there’s a fair chance that the Blues will need to go through them at some point if St. Louis is to win it all.
The game will start at 8:00 p.m. ET and can be watched on NBCSN. In addition to that you can stream it online:
There will also be a video chat during the first intermission of tonight’s game with former NHL goaltender Kevin Weekes. You can click here if you want to participate in that.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11