Mar 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have been great all season, but they’ve been running away with the Central Division title since the acquisition of goaltender Ryan Miller.
The 33-year-old netminder was great with the Buffalo Sabres, but no goaltender could save that team this season. Now that he’s with one of the best defensive squads in the league, the combination has been crushing for the Blues opponents.
This will be the Chicago Blackhawks’ first chance to play against the Blues since the Miller trade. The defending Stanley Cup champions aren’t likely to catch up to the Blues in the race for the division’s top seed, but Chicago is one of the Western Conference’s strongest teams and there’s a fair chance that the Blues will need to go through them at some point if St. Louis is to win it all.
The game will start at 8:00 p.m. ET and can be watched on NBCSN. In addition to that you can stream it online:
There will also be a video chat during the first intermission of tonight’s game with former NHL goaltender Kevin Weekes. You can click here if you want to participate in that.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5