Mar 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have been great all season, but they’ve been running away with the Central Division title since the acquisition of goaltender Ryan Miller.
The 33-year-old netminder was great with the Buffalo Sabres, but no goaltender could save that team this season. Now that he’s with one of the best defensive squads in the league, the combination has been crushing for the Blues opponents.
This will be the Chicago Blackhawks’ first chance to play against the Blues since the Miller trade. The defending Stanley Cup champions aren’t likely to catch up to the Blues in the race for the division’s top seed, but Chicago is one of the Western Conference’s strongest teams and there’s a fair chance that the Blues will need to go through them at some point if St. Louis is to win it all.
The game will start at 8:00 p.m. ET and can be watched on NBCSN. In addition to that you can stream it online:
There will also be a video chat during the first intermission of tonight’s game with former NHL goaltender Kevin Weekes. You can click here if you want to participate in that.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 14
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)