Mar 19, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Tanev, hurt blocking a Steve Stamkos shot, was seen wearing a full wrap and splint on his right hand following the loss, with Vancouver’s Team 1040 reporting Tanev broke two fingers on the play. It’s the second significant hand injury he’s suffered while blocking shots this season — prior to the Olympic break, Tanev fractured his thumb and was sidelined for seven games.
The 24-year-old has been one of the few bright spots for the Canucks this year, scoring a career-high six goals and 17 points while averaging over 21 minutes per night.
For all that offense, though, blocked shots have been Tanev’s forte — at the time of injury he had 136, tops on the Canucks and tied for 16th-most in the NHL.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)