Mar 19, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are having a good night, but there’s been one major exception. Patrick Kane‘s agent said his client is tentatively expected to be sidelined for two weeks after leaving tonight’s game versus St. Louis, per NBC’s Pierre McGuire.
Update: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is predicting he will be out for roughly three weeks.
Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot and while they are still battling for positioning, the bigger question at this point is whether or not Kane will be available for the start of the postseason. There’s only about three and a half weeks left in the regular season, so if that initial timeframe proves to be even a little optimistic, he might not be ready for Game 1 of the first round.
Chicago has a lot of scoring depth, but losing Kane would still be a big blow. He has 29 goals and 69 points in 69 games this season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)