Mar 19, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks are having a good night, but there’s been one major exception. Patrick Kane‘s agent said his client is tentatively expected to be sidelined for two weeks after leaving tonight’s game versus St. Louis, per NBC’s Pierre McGuire.
Update: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is predicting he will be out for roughly three weeks.
Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot and while they are still battling for positioning, the bigger question at this point is whether or not Kane will be available for the start of the postseason. There’s only about three and a half weeks left in the regular season, so if that initial timeframe proves to be even a little optimistic, he might not be ready for Game 1 of the first round.
Chicago has a lot of scoring depth, but losing Kane would still be a big blow. He has 29 goals and 69 points in 69 games this season.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)