Mar 19, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are having a good night, but there’s been one major exception. Patrick Kane‘s agent said his client is tentatively expected to be sidelined for two weeks after leaving tonight’s game versus St. Louis, per NBC’s Pierre McGuire.
Update: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is predicting he will be out for roughly three weeks.
Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot and while they are still battling for positioning, the bigger question at this point is whether or not Kane will be available for the start of the postseason. There’s only about three and a half weeks left in the regular season, so if that initial timeframe proves to be even a little optimistic, he might not be ready for Game 1 of the first round.
Chicago has a lot of scoring depth, but losing Kane would still be a big blow. He has 29 goals and 69 points in 69 games this season.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)