Mar 19, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are having a good night, but there’s been one major exception. Patrick Kane‘s agent said his client is tentatively expected to be sidelined for two weeks after leaving tonight’s game versus St. Louis, per NBC’s Pierre McGuire.
Update: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is predicting he will be out for roughly three weeks.
Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot and while they are still battling for positioning, the bigger question at this point is whether or not Kane will be available for the start of the postseason. There’s only about three and a half weeks left in the regular season, so if that initial timeframe proves to be even a little optimistic, he might not be ready for Game 1 of the first round.
Chicago has a lot of scoring depth, but losing Kane would still be a big blow. He has 29 goals and 69 points in 69 games this season.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)