Mar 19, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are having a good night, but there’s been one major exception. Patrick Kane‘s agent said his client is tentatively expected to be sidelined for two weeks after leaving tonight’s game versus St. Louis, per NBC’s Pierre McGuire.
Update: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is predicting he will be out for roughly three weeks.
Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot and while they are still battling for positioning, the bigger question at this point is whether or not Kane will be available for the start of the postseason. There’s only about three and a half weeks left in the regular season, so if that initial timeframe proves to be even a little optimistic, he might not be ready for Game 1 of the first round.
Chicago has a lot of scoring depth, but losing Kane would still be a big blow. He has 29 goals and 69 points in 69 games this season.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)