Mar 19, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Mac is back.
On Wednesday, the Oilers recalled longtime tough guy Steve MacIntyre from AHL Oklahoma City on an emergency basis. The transaction comes with forwards Nail Yakupov and Matt Henricks questionable for tomorrow’s game against Buffalo with ankle and leg injuries.
MacIntyre was claimed off waivers in late September after Edmonton felt the need to add toughness following an exhibition cgame against Vancouver, in which Dale Weise took a run at Taylor Hall and Zack Kassian broke Sam Gagner‘s jaw with a high stick.
“After our game against Vancouver we decided there was a need for toughness,” Oilers GM Craig MacTavish said upon claiming MacIntyre off waivers. “I think he’ll make an impact.”
MacIntyre suffered a knee injury, however, and failed to appear in a single game for Edmonton before getting placed on waivers. He’s since appeared in 10 games for the Barons, notching 34 penalty minutes.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)