Mar 19, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Mac is back.
On Wednesday, the Oilers recalled longtime tough guy Steve MacIntyre from AHL Oklahoma City on an emergency basis. The transaction comes with forwards Nail Yakupov and Matt Henricks questionable for tomorrow’s game against Buffalo with ankle and leg injuries.
MacIntyre was claimed off waivers in late September after Edmonton felt the need to add toughness following an exhibition cgame against Vancouver, in which Dale Weise took a run at Taylor Hall and Zack Kassian broke Sam Gagner‘s jaw with a high stick.
“After our game against Vancouver we decided there was a need for toughness,” Oilers GM Craig MacTavish said upon claiming MacIntyre off waivers. “I think he’ll make an impact.”
MacIntyre suffered a knee injury, however, and failed to appear in a single game for Edmonton before getting placed on waivers. He’s since appeared in 10 games for the Barons, notching 34 penalty minutes.
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 3
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)