Mar 19, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Mac is back.
On Wednesday, the Oilers recalled longtime tough guy Steve MacIntyre from AHL Oklahoma City on an emergency basis. The transaction comes with forwards Nail Yakupov and Matt Henricks questionable for tomorrow’s game against Buffalo with ankle and leg injuries.
MacIntyre was claimed off waivers in late September after Edmonton felt the need to add toughness following an exhibition cgame against Vancouver, in which Dale Weise took a run at Taylor Hall and Zack Kassian broke Sam Gagner‘s jaw with a high stick.
“After our game against Vancouver we decided there was a need for toughness,” Oilers GM Craig MacTavish said upon claiming MacIntyre off waivers. “I think he’ll make an impact.”
MacIntyre suffered a knee injury, however, and failed to appear in a single game for Edmonton before getting placed on waivers. He’s since appeared in 10 games for the Barons, notching 34 penalty minutes.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 0
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)