Mar 19, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Mac is back.
On Wednesday, the Oilers recalled longtime tough guy Steve MacIntyre from AHL Oklahoma City on an emergency basis. The transaction comes with forwards Nail Yakupov and Matt Henricks questionable for tomorrow’s game against Buffalo with ankle and leg injuries.
MacIntyre was claimed off waivers in late September after Edmonton felt the need to add toughness following an exhibition cgame against Vancouver, in which Dale Weise took a run at Taylor Hall and Zack Kassian broke Sam Gagner‘s jaw with a high stick.
“After our game against Vancouver we decided there was a need for toughness,” Oilers GM Craig MacTavish said upon claiming MacIntyre off waivers. “I think he’ll make an impact.”
MacIntyre suffered a knee injury, however, and failed to appear in a single game for Edmonton before getting placed on waivers. He’s since appeared in 10 games for the Barons, notching 34 penalty minutes.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)