Mar 19, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Mac is back.
On Wednesday, the Oilers recalled longtime tough guy Steve MacIntyre from AHL Oklahoma City on an emergency basis. The transaction comes with forwards Nail Yakupov and Matt Henricks questionable for tomorrow’s game against Buffalo with ankle and leg injuries.
MacIntyre was claimed off waivers in late September after Edmonton felt the need to add toughness following an exhibition cgame against Vancouver, in which Dale Weise took a run at Taylor Hall and Zack Kassian broke Sam Gagner‘s jaw with a high stick.
“After our game against Vancouver we decided there was a need for toughness,” Oilers GM Craig MacTavish said upon claiming MacIntyre off waivers. “I think he’ll make an impact.”
MacIntyre suffered a knee injury, however, and failed to appear in a single game for Edmonton before getting placed on waivers. He’s since appeared in 10 games for the Barons, notching 34 penalty minutes.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)