Mar 19, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Swiss goalie Reto Berra will make his first start for Colorado since coming over from Calgary at the trade deadline when the Avs take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Berra, 27, went 9-17-2 with the Flames this year, posting a .897 save percentage and 2.95 GAA. Despite those less-than-stellar numbers, the Avs clearly saw something they liked as they traded a second-round pick to acquire Berra, then immediately signed him to a three-year contract extension.
Remier in for Leafs
Following Tuesday’s 3-2 loss to Detroit, Reimer was a hot topic of conversation when his agent tweeted out “As is customary in Toronto, when your team plays poor defensively game after game you blame your goalie.”
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle didn’t seem all that impressed with Reimer’s body of work against Detroit, but saw enough to give him the start against the Bolts.
Speaking of Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop will get the call in goal.
Predators at Canucks: Eddie Lack for Vancouver, no word yet on a Preds starter.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)