Mar 19, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Swiss goalie Reto Berra will make his first start for Colorado since coming over from Calgary at the trade deadline when the Avs take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Berra, 27, went 9-17-2 with the Flames this year, posting a .897 save percentage and 2.95 GAA. Despite those less-than-stellar numbers, the Avs clearly saw something they liked as they traded a second-round pick to acquire Berra, then immediately signed him to a three-year contract extension.
Remier in for Leafs
Following Tuesday’s 3-2 loss to Detroit, Reimer was a hot topic of conversation when his agent tweeted out “As is customary in Toronto, when your team plays poor defensively game after game you blame your goalie.”
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle didn’t seem all that impressed with Reimer’s body of work against Detroit, but saw enough to give him the start against the Bolts.
Speaking of Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop will get the call in goal.
Predators at Canucks: Eddie Lack for Vancouver, no word yet on a Preds starter.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)