Mar 19, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Swiss goalie Reto Berra will make his first start for Colorado since coming over from Calgary at the trade deadline when the Avs take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Berra, 27, went 9-17-2 with the Flames this year, posting a .897 save percentage and 2.95 GAA. Despite those less-than-stellar numbers, the Avs clearly saw something they liked as they traded a second-round pick to acquire Berra, then immediately signed him to a three-year contract extension.
Remier in for Leafs
Following Tuesday’s 3-2 loss to Detroit, Reimer was a hot topic of conversation when his agent tweeted out “As is customary in Toronto, when your team plays poor defensively game after game you blame your goalie.”
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle didn’t seem all that impressed with Reimer’s body of work against Detroit, but saw enough to give him the start against the Bolts.
Speaking of Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop will get the call in goal.
Predators at Canucks: Eddie Lack for Vancouver, no word yet on a Preds starter.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54