Mar 19, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Swiss goalie Reto Berra will make his first start for Colorado since coming over from Calgary at the trade deadline when the Avs take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Berra, 27, went 9-17-2 with the Flames this year, posting a .897 save percentage and 2.95 GAA. Despite those less-than-stellar numbers, the Avs clearly saw something they liked as they traded a second-round pick to acquire Berra, then immediately signed him to a three-year contract extension.
Remier in for Leafs
Following Tuesday’s 3-2 loss to Detroit, Reimer was a hot topic of conversation when his agent tweeted out “As is customary in Toronto, when your team plays poor defensively game after game you blame your goalie.”
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle didn’t seem all that impressed with Reimer’s body of work against Detroit, but saw enough to give him the start against the Bolts.
Speaking of Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop will get the call in goal.
Predators at Canucks: Eddie Lack for Vancouver, no word yet on a Preds starter.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 35
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (35)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)