Mar 19, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
One of the Chicago Blackhawks’ top prospects is set to come to North America.
Teuvo Teravainen has been given the green light by the Finnish federation to join the Chicago Blackhawks’ organization, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie. He had nine goals and 44 points in 49 games with Jokerit Helsinki this season. The 19-year-old forward missed 11 Finnish league games, but still tied for sixth in the league’s scoring race.
Teravainen also had two goals and 15 points to lead Finland to the gold medal in the 2014 World Junior Championship. Chicago took him with the 18th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
The question now is where Chicago will send Teravainen. They might give him a chance to prove himself immediately with the Blackhawks or opt to allow him to adjust to North American hockey with the AHL Rockford IceHogs. It’s worth noting that the Blackhawks are up against the cap ceiling and Teravainen comes with a $925,000 annual cap hit before his bonuses are factored in.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)