Mar 19, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Following is an update on Montreal Canadiens prospect Tim Bozon, who’s been hospitalized with meningitis.
Last week Tim Bozon’s condition was changed to critical but stable and improving. Over the weekend his condition continued to improve and he was moved out of the intensive care unit (ICU) and into one of the hospital wards. His physicians have listed his condition as stable. His parents say Tim is awake, moving around in his bed, trying to feed himself and trying to speak. They add they are very appreciative of the care he received while in the ICU.
While it’s good news that his condition is improving — not long ago, he in a coma — the press release notes that Bozon still “faces a long recovery.”
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22