Mar 18, 2014, 7:07 PM EST
You could argue that the Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers might collectively be as strong as they’ve been since Chris Pronger was practicing puck banditry. One undeniable thing is that both teams are currently in playoff position in their respective conferences, so Tuesday’s NBCSN game is for positioning; you can stream the action by clicking on the link below:
The Philadelphia Flyers are on a two-game winning streak and are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. They currently hold a one-point lead over two Metropolitan Division foes (Columbus and the New York Rangers) and just a three-point margin over Washington, although they do have tiebreaker advantages over all of them. Still, the margin of error is pretty small for Philly.
Meanwhile, Chicago doesn’t seem to be in much danger of missing the playoffs or even falling to the wild card level. Instead, they’re battling the Colorado Avalanche for the second spot in the Central Division (and home-ice advantage if that became a first-round series).
Both teams have something to play for, although the Flyers have more on the line. Should be a good show.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)