Mar 18, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
You could argue that the Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers might collectively be as strong as they’ve been since Chris Pronger was practicing puck banditry. One undeniable thing is that both teams are currently in playoff position in their respective conferences, so Tuesday’s NBCSN game is for positioning; you can stream the action by clicking on the link below:
The Philadelphia Flyers are on a two-game winning streak and are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. They currently hold a one-point lead over two Metropolitan Division foes (Columbus and the New York Rangers) and just a three-point margin over Washington, although they do have tiebreaker advantages over all of them. Still, the margin of error is pretty small for Philly.
Meanwhile, Chicago doesn’t seem to be in much danger of missing the playoffs or even falling to the wild card level. Instead, they’re battling the Colorado Avalanche for the second spot in the Central Division (and home-ice advantage if that became a first-round series).
Both teams have something to play for, although the Flyers have more on the line. Should be a good show.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)